Now you have enough power on board with our new Hydro Charger
Charge your batteries under sail by lowering the generator in the water.
Combined water power and solar power with an intelligent Converter Charger.
- Solid stainless steel construction ( Aisi 316 )
- Quick fastener device for mounting on transom bracket
- Foldable at full speed through 4x reduction ratio line
- Generator locks into working position when deployed in the water (easy release by lightly pulling on the red line)
- Can be stored in fully inverted position (for ex. in harbour)
- Lateral stoppers to avoid generator hitting on transom
- 20 A/12 V socket for watermaker, inverter 220 V / 50Hz, (115V / 60Hz) for charging cellular phones, TV, PC etc.
- Programmable converter charger with digital display
- Max. current programmable depending on battery capacity
Included in delivery
- Smooth running through custom-designed planetary gear
- Low ratio prevents high motor speeds
- Optimized efficiency through custom-designed transmission
- Double seals (2 O-rings each)
- Multiple-bearing propeller shaft
- Easy to remove and disassemble
- Hard anodized aluminium housing and special synthetic cover.
- Streamlined anodized aluminium body
- All screws (A4) are additionally protected against corrosion by Duralac
- No propeller forces transmitted to the gearbox due to special coupling
- Almost inaudible in the water
- Charging from 4 knots upwards (depending on the pitch setting angle setting of the propeller blades)
- Main body manufactured in a solid synthetic material
- Stove enamelled aluminium propeller blades.
- Blade angle is infinitely adjustable depending on type of the boat (speed)
- Propeller blades are replaceable (i.e. after collision)
- Blades were designed using CFD software (Computational Fluid Dynamics) to optimize the blade form and twist for superior performance
- Up to 16/32 volt adjustable, perfect to compensate for voltage loss
- With built-in free wheel (propeller turns freely when max. retained battery voltage is reached)
- Additional connection for solar panels or wind generator
- Additional connection for direct output, which will be automatically shut down when sufficient battery voltage is obtained
- NEW: integrated, digital display
- NEW: additional switch for free wheel
- NEW: additional alarm when battery is completely charged
- NEW: higher output
Art. No. 7147 Hydro Charger for 12 Volts systems incl. standard support
Art. No. 7148 Hydro Charger for 24 Volts systems incl. standard support
Also available with pivotable support, so the Hydro Charger always stays vertical in the water.
Art. No. 71471 Hydro Charger for 12 Volts systems incl. pivotable support
Art. No. 71481 Hydro Charger for 24 Volts systems incl. pivotable support
Mechanism to lift:
Stainless steel bracket with adjustable segment, folding-up with a line.
Folding under speed is no problem, because there is a 4:1 line reduction ratio.
Generator is locked into position when deployed.
Quick fastener device for mounting on transom bracket.
Generator with Converter Charger without mounting bracket
Generator part: Gear drive with shaft, propeller and programmable converter charger with digital display and 4 m 3-core cable
Performance: Generates power from 4 knots (depending on boat speed and propeller blade pitch)
Output: 50 to 600 Watts depending on speed and battery load
Generator Dims.: Gear drive with shaft and bracket: 1100 x 100 mm, propeller diameter 360 mm
Rated Power: 1.000W (Best ratio: Hydro Generator 600W, PV cells 400W)
Applicable batteries: 12V from 200Ah up to —-, 24V from 100Ah up to — (voltage detected automatically)
Battery full charge cut: 16V /32V (adjustable)
Battery low voltage disconnect load: 11V / 22V
Load on voltage: 12.44V (default adjustable)
Load current max: 40A (20A at 24V)
No load loss: ≤45mA
Dimensions: 278 x 133x 75 mm
Weight: 1,6 kg
Working environment: Working temperature: -10-50°C Relative humidity: 0-90% (no exterior installation, only inside the cabin)
Included in delivery: Generator, converter charger, mechanism to lift, plug, propeller and bracket of choice including,
Weight: Generator, converter charger, mechanism to lift and propeller: approx. 15 kg
Size: 1100 x 100 mm
Attention! For the use with lithium-ion battery it is absolutely obligated, the installation of a breaker in the yellow AC cable, between generator and controller, which is commanded from the BMS (Battery Management System) of the battery. This installation has to be approved from the battery producer. Swi-Tec overtakes no responsibility for this installation.